Rental Properties

Your homeowner, condo or tenant insurance policy covers only the location listed on the policy. If you own another property that you rent to others, it requires its own coverage. Remember, you probably purchased the property to rent it out as investment. You collect rent to make a profit. If the building is not properly insured, you could loose it all.

Seasonal Properties

You may have a second property that you retreat to on the weekends and for seasonal vacations. This location requires its own coverage and the contents, if they remain at the cottage, they are not covered under your home or apartment insurance. As these properties are usually not in urban areas, they can be more susceptible to vandalism and break-ins. Be sure that you are adequately covered for such losses at your cottage or trailer including liability coverage. Many policy options are available.